Now that I’m experience the wonders of Marvel I decided to give the show a try. I’ve only watched the first two episodes yet so I’m going to skip the plot of things a bit and focus more on the characters and what I’m thing of the show so far.
I’m enjoying this very much, I love the technology, the missions and all of that but I’m going to be honest and say that I’m a bit disappointed too. I guess that is mostly my fault though, for expecting or for wanting something that I already knew was going to be. Not sure that makes sense.
I love the S.H.I.E.L.D that we saw in the movies and I was expecting for the show be something like that too. Badass gears, bad techs, badass fights, … Although I know that is not going to happen I keep expecting to see one of the Avengers wondering round. Every time I see someone in S.H.I.E.L.D gear I almost have an heart attack trying to see Clint (my baby :3) and Natasha. Every time they mention something related to the Battle of New York, the Avengers, Stark’s name or something related to them… I just go completely crazy. I wish that at least some of them would be there even for just one scene or episode. That would be awesome.
I guess will just have to get used of them not being there and mentalize myself that this is not a movie.
Moving on… the characters. Definitely not what I had in mind. This is not the S.H.I.E.L.D team that I had in mind. I wanted badass agents at least three of them know nothing about combat.
- Agent Phil Coulson: I just love him. I did before and I do now. He is so funny. I’m always laughing because of him. Every time that he says “Tahiti is a magical place” I just can’t .. his face ahahah and Lola! (Guys Lola can fly! Like Tony Stark’s father was trying to build – big fangirl moment to me). I’m also worried about him. The is something that they are not telling him about happen to him in The Avengers. One thing I know… I’m sure he never went to Tahiti. Another thing. I like Phil very much but I hate his decision of “recruiting” Skye.
- Agent Melinda May: Now she is a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent that I’m talking about. Although right now he seems kinda traumatized, refuses to be a Field Agent and is clear that she is only there out of loyalty trough Phil, I really like her. She’s a badass and doesn’t annoy me. And she wears S.H.I.E.L.D gear.
- Agent Grant Ward: I still don’t know what to think about him. He’s good on what he does that’s for sure but really bad in team word. Maybe he’ll see make me really like him. I love leather jackets but in this case I love gear more so suit up Agent.
- Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz: The scientist and the engineer. They are nerdy and funny. Still not I had in mind but yeah they’re okay.
- Skye: Nop. Just no. I don’t like her. First time she appeared she was already annoying me. I admire her hacking skills but I don’t like her. And that text on the end of the second episode made me not trust her at all. Maybe with time I’ll change my mind about her but right now Skye for me is a no.
I’m going to continue watching the show. Although so far is not what I had in mind I’m enjoying it a lot. Almost forgot. I LOVED seeing Agent Maria Hill on the First episode and Nick Fury on the second (Nick mad at Coulson is the most amusing thing ever). I wish that they were part of the main cast because I really, really like them. And I want so badly for Agent Clint Barton and Agent Natasha Romanoff to be on the show too! Even if is just one episode.